General Route Description
- Registration opens at 7am in the Ron Andrews Community Center parking lot (931 Lytton St, North Vancouver, BC) please come early
- Start at Ron Andrews Community Center at 8am – 931 Lytton St, North Vancouver,BC
- First stop at Mount Seymour parking lot (Food & Water) – 15km
- Ride down and along local marked roads to second stop at Marine Dr and Capilano Rd (Food & Water) – 26km
- More food at parking lot of Cleveland Dam park (Food & Water) – 46km. Please note: turn around at sign for Grouse Mountain, no aid station in parking lot
- Ride down again and along Marine Dr, up 21st and stop at Mulgrave School, start of Cypress (Food & Water) – 63km
- Final stop and celebration at parking lot of Cypress Mountain! – 75km
Distance and Elevation
Route from Ron Andrews to top of Cypress is 75km with around 2000m of climbing. This is approximately the same elevation gain as the ride from Vancouver to Whistler, but in 50 less km! It’s a big day.
Services Along the Way
We will have several support cars that will travel along with the group, including a First Aid and mechanical car at the back. At each stop, we will provide some water and food, as well as an opportunity to take a break. Vehicles will also stop along the way to provide encouraging tunes!
Please arrange your own transportation back to Ron Andrews. The descent down Cypress and ride back to Ron Andrews is an additional 35km, almost all downhill, for a total of 110km.
Want to see what the day will be like? Watch 2012 rider Brian Floyd’s video: